Friday, June 18, 2010

What's the Problem?



The other day I was bored, on youtube just clicking around videos and I stumbled upon one where a man beats the 60 second cracker challenge, devouring an astonishing 10 crackers in one minute! He just opened his mouth and crammed in five crackers at a time. I couldn't believe my eyes, somebody actually beat the challenge! I was happy until I started to read the comments below. He was angry that somebody had mistaken him for being Canadian. *Pause for reaction* Just in case your parents haven't already warned you, DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON SOUTH PARK! Haha. We may have 'flapping heads,' and call each other 'buddy,' 'fella,' or 'guy,' but we have feelings and are just like Americans. Maybe slightly less glamorous.

The way I see it, we are going through a sort-of 'Justin Bobby-Ryan Cabrera' situation here (for those of you who watch the hills, you get the image I am talking about). You see, America is the laid back, cool looking Justin, and Canada is the embarrassing, but cute, Ryan Cabrera. If you were watching the episode where the two of them meet you know what I mean. In that episode Justin Bobby tried to shake Ryan's hand, but Ryan insisted that he only 'high-fives,' so they ended up having an awkward 'fist-high-five-slap' type thing go on. And who ended up looking like the fool? You guessed it, Ryan Cabrera, AKA: CANADA.

I guess the moral of this blog is that Canada is harmless, and not that bad. I don't see why people should take offense by being called a Canadian. After all, I hear that people in other countries see us Canadians as stereotypically polite beings. =P

Please do not take any of this seriously, it is all just a bunch of creative silliness. Harmless babble. =]

Love, love,
Megan =)

No comments: